Reservation or Walk-in?
Our cat lounge has a capacity of 12 people per hour. If you want to guarantee your spot (coming from out of town, bringing someone for special event), we highly recommend making a reservation. If you want a space on a weekend or are with a larger group, we highly recommend a reservation. That being said, walk-ins are welcome and we will do our best to accommodate you. Make a reservation here.
Hours of Operation
Tuesday – Saturday : 10am – 8pm
Sunday: 12pm – 8pm
Children and Families
Children of all ages are welcome in the cafe, but we ask you to follow these guidelines:
- Keep children under 12 at arms length at all times.
- There must be one adult for every two children under the age of 12.
- No loud noises, running, jumping on furniture.
- Respect our “adult only” (12+) hours Wednesday – Saturday 5pm – 8pm.
- Fee is per person, per hour for everyone over 1 year old.
12 years old is a general rule (I am not gonna check the birth certificate), but ask yourself and be honest “is my child going to act like an adult with 10 SUPER CUDDLY cats?”
- Standard visits are $10 per person, per hour. This includes children over 1. Includes a self-serve complementary beverage. We offer a half-hour for $7 to walk-ins ONLY.
- Cat Yoga is $20 per person for 1 hour yoga class then 30 minutes of cat time. Includes a self-serve complementary beverage.
- Game Night with Cats is $20 for two hours. Games included. Includes a self-serve complementary beverage and snacks.
- Cat & Canvas is $30 for 2 hours. Includes instruction and all supplies. Includes a self-serve complementary beverage and snacks.
We have abundant parking around Happy Cat Cafe. We recommend our designated parking lot (west facing door) behind our building. Park by signs that say “Happy Cat Parking Only”. You can also park at on the street (one hour parking) on Division or in the vacant lot across the Division. Please lock your car.
What to Expect
When you arrive at Happy Cat Cafe, you will check-in in the Cafe area before entering the cat lounge. If you have an appointment, arrive 10 minutes early for check-in and to make your beverage.
We are completely self-serve, but our staff can help instruct you to use our fancy Keurig machine to make coffee, decaf, hot cocoa, hot tea or hot cider. We also carry Faygo products, juice boxes, and bottle water. This is all complementary with a paid visit.
We offer a promotion that if you check in on Facebook or Tag us on a photo on Instagram, you can have a free snack! It’s the honor system, so feel free to grab a snack and help us spread the word!
We generally have 8-12 cats in our cat lounge. We can accommodate 12 people in the cat lounge at a time (plus 1 volunteer).
Upon entering the cat lounge, please sanitize your hands to ensure the cats stay healthy. Please also sanitize upon departure.
A volunteer is always in the room to help you identify the cats, enforce our rules, and talk about adoption. They love to chat, so feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Cats sleep up to 18 hours a day, so please be realistic about your expectations. If you want playful cats, come first thing in the morning. Come in the afternoon if you prefer a cat to snooze in your lap. Weekend are much busier, so you will share the room with more people. If you want a more private experience, try a weekday afternoon. We cannot guarantee a cat will play or interact with anyone, so just relax and enjoy their company.